Xbox One pretty warm in standby. Power brick noise too.

I've have not played my Xbox One for about 24 hours and it has been in standby mode. Went to start it up today and noticed that it is pretty warm on the top. Can anyone else confirm the same issue when the console is in standby. I don't like the idea that it will always be that warm, even when it is not in use. Also my power brick is pretty noisy. There is a pretty audible buzz coming from it all the time. Is anyone else noticing the same thing? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 88 Applies to:

My power brick is noisy as well. I've been unplugging it at night because I otherwise cannot sleep.  My XBOX is in my bedroom.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not an expert, but mine is very quiet in stand by mode.  Mine is in my bedroom as well, and I hear nothing when it's in Stand By mode.  Also, the temperature is room temp. when it's in stand by mode.  

Sorry this didn't help.

My power brick is a foot away from my head and the buzzing makes it impossible to sleep.

Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have noticed the Xbox itself gets a little warm in standby mode, though erratically. Maybe because it is still technically "on" but it doesn't have a fan running? I have not noticed the power brick noises. Other than the heat, the xbox will make noises similar to the ones at start-up randomly in standby mode. It sounds like it is checking the optical drive and running the fans for just a second. Other noises include soft, almost crackling static that is seemingly unrelated to the previous noise. Anyone else?

(I am by my Xbox a lot, very close because its on my desk, so I am probably a little more sensitive to noises it makes.)

Sorry this didn't help.