Xbox One Oneguide unable to find ANY cable box models

At the point in Oneguide setup where you set up the xbox one to communicate with the cable box, you can either choose to let the Xbox send power signals to the box or manually enter you cable box brand and model. After failing the send power signal method multiple times and with varying distances/angles between the kinect and the IR receiver for my DTA (the device I use for cable is a Cisco DTA 170HD), I tried to use the manual entry method. I entered Cisco for the brand and when prompted for the model I tried various searches (D, DTA, DTA170 DTA170HD) and none of these yielded results, meaning my Xbox could not control my cable box functions.

After doing some digging, I found a YouTube video where a user set up his OneGuide with the same DTA, so I knew it should be possible. I got on the phone with Xbox support and sadly we were not able to resolve the issue. In the course of exhausting every possible solution (including resetting to factory defaults), we even tried entering cable brands and models known to work based on the forums. None of the searches for these models yielded any results either, leading me to believe that my Xbox is having trouble accessing the list of cable box models that it is supposed to be searching from.

Has anybody heard of a problem like this before or have any ideas how it could be resolved?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

I have the same problem...   my cable worked fine through one guide prior to the OS update, but now I'm unable to set up my cable box.  I have a cisco isb7000

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I suggest you start everything from scratch again and if the problem persists if your Xbox one is still out of warranty I would bring it in for service. Hope this was helpful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.