Xbox One not playing games

A few months ago, while my Xbox was under warranty, it had a problem with updating and I had to send it in to get fixed. A few months after I got it fixed, it started acting up again. Now my warranty is out, and my Xbox is experiencing a new problem. When it starts up, the screen goes to static, then the Xbox One logo comes  on, and the bottom half isn't visible through the static. After it switches to the screen where I'm logged in, all the static is gone, but I can only start entertainment apps like YouTube and Netflix. Any time I try to start a game up, it just shows the game art screen (like on Minecraft, the picture of Steve with a pickaxe, not the rotating blurred out Minecraft world). After about two seconds it closes out to the home screen. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? I haven't opened my Xbox up yet, but I've done a factory reset, cleared my MAC address, and tried doing the update software fix. I think there's something messed up with the hardware, but I don't want to break the seal in case there's still some way to send it to Xbox to get it fixed without paying the $200.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

By the update software fix do you mean the offline update support.gtm.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool and if so did you follow every step carefully to ensure it was successfully completed? One missed step and it will not preform correctly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.