XBOX ONE not delivered by UPS Nov 22, 2013

UPS failed to deliver my Microsoft store ordered system today Nov 22, 2013.

Microsoft store support of course is shut down for the weekend, and there would be nothing they could do to make it appear.

UPS tracking had "by end of business Nov 22, 2013" but now that point has past and the screen says nothing but "in transit" as of 9 pm local time.

Now I won't have it Nov 22, and I won't be able to enter my login for DAY ONE achievements on the box or the games I bought.

Does this mean I am not going to get the achievements at all ? Is there a procedure to get a grace period entry ?

I could have had it first thing this morning, if I had pre ordered from my local EB Games instead,  as they got theirs two days ago.

So tell me why I ordered it through the Microsoft Store and paid for shipping to be let down like this !.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The Day One achievement is a redeemable code.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Revlock,

Additionally Microsoft can't control the UPS delivery schedule as unexpected things do arise. The best thing you can do is monitor the UPS tracking information that was provided to keep up to date on the current status. As fred mentioned, you should still get your Day One achievement if you have a Day One console. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Which makes it even more questionable as to the choice for the release date.

For situations like this, people get truly let down and disappointed.

Why not release on the Tuesday or Wednesday so at least there is a day for follow up with the shipping company ?.

That Microsoft leaves it at "oh well wait for it to get there" as we have no control is lame.

That I as a customer that has a legitimate concern that the shipping to meet the release date was completely dropped, should concern the Microsoft Store.

I for one won't be purchasing anything again from it in this same way again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am experiencing a similar but much worse situation.  My Xbox one day one was held in the warehouse and not even shipped as promised.  The tracking stated "The commercial invoice is missing and is required for export."

So my Day One was not even attempted to be delivered.

I contact the Microsoft Store on Nov 22, 2013 at 11 am to try to get some help and they advised me that they would need to escalate this issue and somebody would get in contact with in 24 to 72 hours.

It is now November 26, 2013 and my Day one Xbox one remains in a Warehouse in Kentucky(I live in Canada fyi).

I pre-ordered on August 8, 2013 and look what that got me.

Never again for the Microsfot Store.

100% permanent customer dissatisfaction.

Playstation 4 here I come.

Sorry this didn't help.