Xbox One multi-tasking during on-line multiplayer

Hello,

I have a question that I have been unable to find an answer to yet . . . What happens to you in on-line multiplayer when you suddenly snap to another app, or watch TV?  I have seen demos of the system from a single player standpoint (Forza 5) where the game simply pauses and resumes when you snap back.  But, if you are in the middle of a match on-line, then suddenly change apps to check the score on TV or answer a Skype call . . . what happens to your profile in that game?  Does it simply pause right where you are as well?

Every demo I have come across where the player jumps back into a multiplayer match, they appear to jump right back into the action (no un-pause, etc.).  Does anyone have any insight as to how the multi-tasking during on-line play works?

Thank you!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Technically the game is still running in the background so your character should still be standing where it was when you switch back.

-

You can snap things like Skype or TV next to the game screen so you can see the app without ever leaving the match.