Xbox One hardware is too weak for COD?

I have read about the COD ghosts only being able to support 720P on the one at 60FPS while the PS4 and even the Wii U are running that native 1080P or so without any problems at 60FPS. Though I have not seen them side by side I am curious what is going on.

So what gives? I am sure rendering and other things play a factor. However why is the xbox unable to pump out enough muscle to run the game like its competitors?

Starting to become a little disappointed with my xbox one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

It's a launch game.

Just because a launch game is 720P doesn't mean the console can't do 1080P.

The PS4 version might  have 1080P but it has major technical problems like frame rate stutter.

Where the xbox one version has smooth gameplay.

Give it time and once the developers are used to the hardware it will be more common for games to be in full 1080P

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am just starting to think the hardware isn't as effective as its competition. being about 3 times larger I would expect it to have more power under the hood. On paper it looks great in comparison. However in reality not so much.

I understand it is a launch game. I am sure a few updates and patches are in works. Just curious as to why it cant keep up. Graphics seem to be as strong as the Wii U, from what others are reviewing online.

Just getting the facts as to why talking this poorly about the xbox one already could happen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Many reviewers are saying that they cannot see a difference between the PS4 and Xbox One version of COD. Also, for an FPS game I would much rather have silky-smooth gameplay at a lower resolution than frame stutter at a higher one!  I finished the game on my Xbox 360 two weeks ago and then finished it again this weekend on Xbox One. It looks AMAZING on Xbox One!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have both consoles,there is hardly any differance between the two,and of the two the one is being played more,and i have dual screen set up and a third screen for my pc at super resolutions,and the only time 1080p is noticable differance is on 42" and above,on smaller screens you will struggle to tell the differance,and even running on my asus both look identical

so dont worry about it,at least on xbox people actually use their mics to have coms during games,unlike ps4 where hardly anyone talks,so big games of bf4 feel barren,and warthunder has no real squadron play

but for resulutions and slighty better ddr5 ram thats no big deal,my pc scuppers all that gen 8 of consoles will ever do and thats a hard fact,consoles do their thing and pc keeps evolving.

Sorry this didn't help.