Xbox One- Games Really Worth $60?

When I get the Xbox One, I'm gonna buy a few games but if not sure what I should get. I think I should buy a variety of games so I don't get bored.

1. Dead Rising 3- I liked dead rising 2 otr, but will DR3 feel the same and be boring?

2. Forza 5- looks cool, but are the other racers or the older Forza's better? 

3. Cod Ghosts- I think im just gonna finish the campaign on my 360 and sell it, cuz im tired of COD Online.

4. Madden 25 or Fifa 14- Usually I never would pay full price, cuz it's mainly upgraded graphics and new players.

5. AC IV- I liked the other AC Creeds, I played Brotherhood, Revelations, and a little of 3. favorite was Brotherhood.

6. Get a PS4 instead???

Please tell what you think about these games and why you would chose to get or not get something.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1. Never played the first 2 but 3 is a solid experience. Havent heard anyone say otherwise.

2. Beautiful and fun. I hear this version lacks cars and tracks compared.to older titles but I love it.

3.  If you have the 360 version and are tired of it skip the XB1 version.

4. Not a big EA fan so would skip both unless they were free.

5. Have not played any of the versions

6. I like the xbox one. But do what is best for you.

Also I am hearing Ryse is ACE. You might want to look at that

I don't like any of the games that PS4 or XB1 have right now, so I can't help you there. I'm leaning towards the PS4, but I haven't made up my mind. I have a year or so to decide.

-

You're keeping your 360, right?

No game is worth $60. And both the Xbone and PS4 have pathetic launch exclusives. I say build a PC for now and decide which console to get in 2014, when more games are announced for these consoles.

Dead Rising 3 is awesome and will be the first game (technically the 2nd since I brought Killer Instinct) I buy for my Xbox One. Its taking everything I have NOT to go over my brother's house and play it.

-

I've played the PS3 version of AC4 for a couple hours and I found it to be enjoyable. I can only assume its better on stronger systems but don't take my word for it.

I have the vast majority of the Xbox One games.

Forza is a must. It's great. It's better than the previous Forzas. It mainly comes down to if you prefer sim or arcade racers. I'd go with Forza over Need for Speed simply because Forza is an exclusive that takes full advantage of some of the Xbox Ones features and graphic power. It's well worth it.

Pass on Ghosts, especially if you're tired of it on the 360 already. Pick up Battlefield 4 instead. It's so much better and offers so much more than Call of Duty has. Do not let the reported issues turn you away, the game is FAR from unplayable. It isn't without issue but it isn't unplayable and will be operating 100% before we know it. Even at running the game at 70% blows Call of Duty away. I really enjoy it.

I have both Madden and Fifa. I have been enjoying Madden and it feels noticably better than the Xbox 360 version(I am a Madden lover. Buy it every year and the next gen version feels pretty good. I am excited about what a full blown next gen version will be like. I also recommend NBA 2k14. I cannot stand basketball, but I decided to give this year a chance(a friend and I love playing co-op sports games and decided to try basketball out since EA passed on a next gen version of NHL) It's really good and beautiful. It's probably THE next gen game to show off, graphics wise. It's stunning.

Almost all of my time on the One has been spent on Assassins Creed. It's absolutely incredible. I swore off the series after Assassins Creed 3s **** ending, but the pirate theme brought me back(I'm a sucker for pirate anything) and I've been in love. I want to play one story driven game at a time, so I've been focused on this. It's sucked away 3-4 hours a day of my time every day since launch and still a bit away from completing it. I highly recommend it, unless you just dislike pirates.

I have Ryse and Dead Rising, but like I said, I've been focused on Assassins Creed before I move on to one of these(planning on Ryse next. I am really pumped to play it.)

If you buy an Xbox One and do NOT purchase Killer Instinct, then you're doing yourself a disservice. It's an incredible game and fighter and a lot of love and care has been put into it. Do yourself a favor and at least buy one character. Or drop $20 on the full roster. You wont regret it, and the more support it gets from us, the more content Double Helix will be able to make.

Get a PS4! But do not get it instead of an Xbox One, buy both! They are equally amazing consoles and worth the investment in both.

Dead Rising 3 is a great game that is a lot of fun to play, especially in co-op. Far and away the best one out of the three. Ryse is also a fantastic game. The graphics are amazing and the combat is brutal and awesome. It even has an interesting story to go along with it. The campaign is really short, but the co-op arenas are pretty fun so that makes up for it.

-

Battlefield 4 is indeed very broken right now. You campaign progress will vanish, so don't even bother starting that. You'll have difficulty getting connected to matches. And when you do, you'll get booted back to xbox home after it ends. But once you are in a match and killing stuff, there is no denying it's hellafun. Once they fix all that crap, the game will be amazing.

-

Assassin's Creed 4 is actually better than I was expecting. I haven't really enjoyed one since Brotherhood. And I know what you're thinking: Ninjas > Pirates. Obviously I agree, as any sane person would. But that actually doesn't stop AC4 from being a good game with a ton of content. I'm not at all impressed by the story so far, but it's still early so hopefully that changes.

-

Killer Instinct. Ah, Killer Instinct. I hate fighting games. But I got it for free so I figured I would try it out. And then I remembered why I hate fighting games. I'm terrible at them. I fought two matches against the AI on the easiest setting and both times got KO'd by my first opponent. Maybe there's a good game in there. I honestly don't know

I pretty much have every Xbox One game out right now. The only one's I regret buying are NBA Live 14, Lococycle, and Battlefield 4.

Thanks, I was also thinking about Ryse

yes, most likely

I thought about a PC, but nah, Xbox and Playstation have and will have really good games that Pc's will not