Xbox One does not fully control TiVo the way that it should

I'm trying to get full (or at least close) TiVo remote functionality through my Xbox One controller. In my Xbox's settings, it says it detects the TiVo and knows how to control it. When I go into Live TV, the Xbox controller will let me change channels and everything fine as long as it already has Live TV playing on it. Here is the problem:

It seems that, by default, when everything (my TV, Xbox, etc.) is shut down and I start it up and go to TV, by DEFAULT, the TiVo Central Menu (with recorded shows, TiVo settings, etc.) comes up first, NOT live TV. I would just back out of this menu, but as far as I can tell, there is no way to back out of any menu (or no press the "Go To Live TV Now" button) on the Xbox One controller. So basically, none of the buttons really do anything on the controller until I grab the TiVo remote and exit the TiVo menu. Then I can use the controller to change channels and stuff.

It just seems tedious to go back and forth between the two. I'd really like to know if there is a way to do more specific TiVo controls with the controller, besides just change channels.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 89 Applies to: