Xbox One Black Screen whenever I press home button while playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.

Simply put: Whenever I load AC4 into my console it brings up the main title screen fine, allowing me to either play the main campaign, multiplayer, or view/download DLC. The problem I face is whenever I press the home button on the Xbox One controller it takes me to the home screen but goes completely black (like the TV is off) but with sounds still playing while I press buttons. I have tried this with many apps and other games (Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, and Ryse Son of Rome) and never encountered the issue. Is my Xbox One just "dying" on me because of AC4 or is it a smaller issue (OS possibly?). Any help is appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Horo!

Is it on just that game that you're having this black screen issue?

If it is, let me share to you a couple of things that you can try (that worked for me)

1. Uninstall the game first.

2. Try to switch the power settings to Energy Saving (temporarily)

Settings>Power and Start Up>Power Options>Select Energy Saving

3. To make sure that it has nothing to do with your profile, kindly try to remove your profile from the console first. Settings > Sign In, Security, and Passkey > Remove me from this Xbox

4. Turn your console off.

5. Unplug the power cables from the console, psu, wall outlet. Give it 5 minutes.

6. Turn your console back on.

7. Sign back in to your profile

8. Install the game.

**Please let me know if this worked for you, so that we can share it to others as well. Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a known issue that was caused by the February update. The March update, set to be out on March 4th, is fixing this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.