Xbox One + ATT U-verse

Has anyone figured out a way to bypass the "press ok to watch tv" screensaver for ATT U-verse? The Xbox One works great to turn everything on and off, however when I turn everything on to watch I can't get pass the blue screen saver by voice command. I have to click okay on the remote. Would be awesome to do it all without the remote.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 153 Applies to:

Is your Xbos One set up to turn your Uverse STB on/off? My Xbox sends the "Power Toggle" command as it turns on and gets out of that screen.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would be happy if the Xbox one didn't turn the cable box off and just left it on.  It doesn't seem to send a signal to turn the cable on.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue.

I re-ran the TV setup and ensured the power toggle worked (turned on the box during setup, switched from using ATT manufacturer to Motorola).

Hope this helps, just wish I could access DVR now so I can throw out all my remotes

Sorry this didn't help.

I am using a Harmony 880 and have it setup where I can access the dvr items. It's pretty much a perfect solution except I need to represent the U-verse directional arrows in the custom button screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue with U-Verse and the Motorola Set Top Box. I will re-run the setup again. I thought I already set the manufacturer as motorola.

Sorry this didn't help.

What I had to do was set up my logitech harmony 900 to have 2 activities.  1 is watch Xbox one, so the Xbox one controls are active, and a second for DVR, which does the DVR activities.  I have all set to leave power on when done using.

So when I want to watch TV, I select it on the Xbox one then switch on the remote.  Works great.  Wife could do it without complaining, so its gotta be simple right?  

There is one problem though, with the Kinect on, the IR blast from it is too powerful and drowns out the IR From my remote.  I have to turn off the Kinect to use the Harmony 900 without delays.  Its probably due to the reflection off the glass coffee table.

Sorry this didn't help.

Any solutions for using Xbox only to escape the uverse screensaver?

my Xbox turns on my box, tv, and receiver just fine, but if I turn on, then play games / watch Netflix for six hours, the uverse box automatically goes into standby. This cannot be changed on the uverse box.

we need a voice command to power on/off individual components, or at least some way to send the "ok" command to the cable box.

I keep my cable box in a cabinet to hide it, so when this occurs, I have to find the remote AND open the cabinet to fix..

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is an issue I have specific to AT&T U-Verse. When I turn the surround on the cable box, I can ONLY watch HD channels. When I switch to a standard definition channel (Or it could be stereo channel?) my image freezes up. Can't watch it. I have to leave my cable box on stereo sound in order to watch all my channels. In doing so, I can't watch any TV in surround!

Sorry this didn't help.

Why won't my xbox one recognize att on the provider menu brings up direct, dish, comcast but not att

Sorry this didn't help.