xbox one and tv issues

I've only had my xbox one since dec 13th and now im having problems with it working with my satellite receiver. I have directv and it was working fine until a few days ago. it will turn on everything with my voice command but it wont play tv I just get a black screen. I tried to reboot(which I feel I shouldn't have to) but I now have to turn everything off separately, and when it restarts I still got the same problem. I have been really supportive of your product even defending you guys at times against the competition someone please give me some kinda input on making this thing right. one of the main reasons I got this system was because of the fact that I can use this feature.$500.00 is a lot of money to had to part with for a system that's not doing what it says it supposed to do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

DJ Krazy,

Have you tried power cycling yet? This is not the same as rebooting. To power cycle your console, while it is turned on, hold the console power button for 8 seconds until it turns off, then wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on, and this should resolve the issue. Power cycling will clear the cache and reset the network card, which should fix the issue. Let us know how this goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OP, I was in your exact same position. And good news is I feel better now. I noticed that I had the problem whenever I would leave the xbox on when I was not using it. (either playing ps4 or using chromecast) I learned that I have to turn off xbox1 when I am doing those other activities.

We run into a problem here though, because if you have your xbox set to turn on and off your entire system, turning it off to do other activities might not be so easy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.