Xbox One achievements are glitched/not unlocking.

So last week I was playing a game and randomly two achievements for a different game which I had earned the previous day unlocked and ever since then my achievements have been all messed up. First thing was ALL of my Xbox One earned achievements disappeared (3 years worth) and I managed to get those to reappear thanks to the forum responding to a question I posted on Friday and I thought that was the end of it. Well turns out it's not because I've since had friends get credit for unlocking an achievement to which I had unlocked during the previous "glitched" week and lo and behold I didn't receive credit. To test this I fulfilled an achievement requirement on a different game and the achievement failed to unlock! Would love any advice for a fix as I've tried doing the suggestions under the troubleshooting section (power cycling, cache clear, delete/recover profile etc) and nothing seems to be working.

Additionally I've somehow managed to get a 3250 gamerscore earned (I believe this to be somehow to be a duplication bug because it's for games that I had earned previously and they all say unlocked last week which is false as some of them were earned years ago I.E All my Destiny 2 achievements reunlocked this week yet I started playing day one launch) for the December month when I view the tab that tracks your per month earnings on Xbox which is NOT accurate and should be in the 100-150 range if I recall correctly from the last time I viewed it before this started happening. Again any suggestions for a fix are welcome.

TLDR

My achievements are bugged and so far I can't get them working please assist.

Update: Achievements are still glitchy and a few earned ones from the mentioned time period have yet to unlock and count towards my gamerscore.

Update: And now they've randomly appeared and unlocked an hour after my last update to this post. At this point I can only conclude the problem is with XBL and it's servers and not my console so if a mod wishes to close this question please do so as I won't be posting further on this thread.

Hi Wings Fan 85,

one quick question: if you login to your account via web, what's your gamer score?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Looking at my profile on Xbox.com with the Microsoft Edge app on my XB1 lists my achievement score at 85444 which currently matches the total in the machine but I'm not certain if this is correct because when I view the requirements for certain achievements the unlock date is either incorrect or the achievement remains locked despite my earning it in-game. Again using Destiny 2 as an example most, if not all, of the achievements unlocked show them being earned within the month which is simply incorrect since I've been playing since last year and finished a triumph seal last Tuesday which should have unlocked the corresponding achievement but failed to do so.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is the troubleshooting guide for problems with achievements not unlocking properly.

Troubleshooting Achievements

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2023 Views 3,152 Applies to: