Xbox needs a new update

Okay so I have to say this...

After about 30 minutes of formatting my CD for the update to play my original Xbox games, I have to say the new consoles blow the big one. Seriously! How in the world can my old console in Arizona play the old games but the new ones cannot?! I am starting to think that the update for playing old games only applies to the consoles that have the removable HDD and not the new ones with flash memory. Anyone else having this issue as well?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Theres has been a revised list of what games can and cannot be played on the 360. More on this here: support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

The update applies to all consoles, but the list has changed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The 4GB internal memory is not considered a hard drive.  Only official Microsoft hard drives have the emulation software needed to play original Xbox games.  The only sizes available for the Xbox Slims are 250GB and 320GB.  Buy them only from a reputable retailer because there are plenty of fake hard drives out there that will not have the proper software installed.  Cheap drives from ebay and amazon are usually fake.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.