Xbox Music unable to charge Paypal account

I purchased a song from the Windows 8.1 preview Xbox Music app on September 11th, and today I have recieved the following email (translated from Spanish):

"IMPORTANT: it is necessary to update the Microsoft account for your recent purchase
Unable to charge the following purchases on your account through Microsoft Billing Services

Your account will be suspended and shall not make any purchases until we receive updated billing information.
If payments must be made for other Microsoft services purchased with the card mentioned above, such services may also be affected.

To update your credit card log in zune.net and select "My Account" on the drop-down menu under your Zune Tag in the upper right corner or visit zune.net / support for assistance.

If you have already solved this issue, disregard this notice and receive our thanks.

Thank you for using Microsoft Billing Services.

The Teams of Microsoft Zune and Windows Phone."

I have used this Paypal account on my Microsoft purchases for years, and this is the first time this has happened. This is my first purchase after the transition from Microsoft Points to local currency, maybe it's related to that.

I tried adding my credit card details directly as a payment method, but I can't edit or remove the Paypal account because it has a pending payment and it looks like it's still trying charge my Paypal account.

I checked my Paypal account on their site and it looks like everything is in order, but the transaction doesn't show up in my billing history.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hi there Chaos,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having issue with your paypal, that really sounds strange. What you're describing sounds like there may be a lock on your account.

I would definitely recommend contacting Phone or Chat Support for further assistance, they are best equipped with the tools to help you get things sorted out with your account.

Please keep us posted on how everything goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Solved. I just replaced the Paypal account with a different one, sucesfully completed the pending payment, then I was able to remove the Paypal payment option and changed it to use my credit card directly for future purchases. It would have been easier if I could have just replaced the refused Paypal account with my credit card, but at least now it's solved. Thanks for replying anyway, it means a lot.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.