Xbox Music Trial - different payment option

Hi, I am trying to start the Xbox Music one month free trial and after selecting a payment method I am prompted with an error and unable to proceed.  The error is:

Try a different payment option

This payment option is used on as many accounts as it's allowed to be.  Remove it from those accounts and try again, or add a different payment option.

PBR40441

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Yup...same problem here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems to be Xbox Music related.  It messed up my Xbox Live Gold membership.  I was only able to start a new free trial, and cannot start or renew my yearly subscription to Xbox Live Gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

Typically this error occurs when there is a billing dispute on your account. You'll want to contact an Xbox Music or Xbox Live agent regarding this issue. Make sure that your payment method is authorized to enrol in recurring charges as this is something that Xbox Music requires. You'll want to verify this with your bank. Try removing the payment method from your account at billing.microsoft.com and re-adding it. You might also try enrolling in the subscription from a different device. As an added suggestion, you may want to contact your bank to see if they are able to view any transactions from Xbox Music on their end, declined, expired, or otherwise.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.