XBOX Music Playlist Question

Hi. I have a question that I have yet to find a definitive answer to... When I create a playlist in XBOX Music on my PC/Surface using music from the XBOX Music store, those playlists appear on XBOX and my other devices within seconds. However, these playlists do not appear on my WP8 (Lumia 1020) device. I am a music pass subscriber. I also know that I can sync them thru the Windows Phone app. My question is more about the automatic syncing that occurs over the air. Do playlists created on Windows 8.1 devices sync through the cloud to WP8 device?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there

If your account is connected and the app is syncronised then it all shoud automaticly syncronise, however, try manualy synchronise and if the problem prosist, please post back

Regards

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi. Thanks for the response. My account is connected. There are only 4 playlist in there which were the playlists I created on my PC and XBOX back in October 2012. Since then I've added new playlists and those lists do not appear on my phone. I have a feeling that automatic playlist syncing is something that happens with XBOX to Windows 8.1 devices only and does not happen with WP8 unless it's done manually by connecting the phone to the PC and transferring the playlists over through the Windows Phone app.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, CrazyAg09

Are the playlists & files you create synced to the cloud? That's an important step here & may be what's holding things up. What icon do you see next to the files on PC? That'll help us get this sorted the quickest. 

For that matter, where did the files come from originally? Purchased/downloaded from Xbox Music? Or were they added to your collection manually? Do you see the files separately in your collection on the phone?

Let us know when you can, we'll be here.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes these songs are synced to the cloud as they all show up on my Surface and XBOX. These are not physical files I am adding. These are songs I find within XBOX Music and add to playlists I am creating within XBOX Music.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Crazy,

Sounds like everything is being done correctly on your end, thanks for the detailed responses & your work with us so far. 

Have you tried updating the app on your phone? Does that help at all? What about removing it, restarting the phone & redownloading? Any change?  

Another option is a bit more drastic, but may be just what the situation needs. Have you backed up your phone recently? If so, a hard reset so you can sign back into the phone may do the trick. We wouldn't recommend that without being sure that everything you want from the phone is safely stored elsewhere so it won't be lost during the process, which will delete all data on the phone. 

Let us know how things go, we'll be here.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem. I have tried it on different Windows 8 phones with the same results. Only part of the playlist shows on my phone. My XBOX One and 360 see the entire playlist but my phone does not. I am using the Music & Video app that came with the phone, not the XBOX Music app you can get from the store. I should say "could get" since it is no longer available.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. 550 songs are listed in the Playlist on the

PC but only 517 songs show up in the playlist on my phone.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a nokia lumnia 1020, and I made a playlist last week on my Xbox One, and until today I haven't been able to see it on my phone???

Any updates on a solution?

Thanks,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Fatherly,

I would first suggest trying Mister Bees' troubleshooting steps listed in his posts above and if, by chance that doesn't work, check out our FAQ about syncing music to the cloud.

Hit us back with the results and if more troubleshooting is needed! :)

Sorry this didn't help.