xbox music only plays 30 seconds of all songs

I have an xbox music pass and I've had it for years (since zune pass).  It works fine on my windows 8 PC and the music pass works on my windows phone 8 (lumia 920), but when I play music on my Surface it will only play 30 seconds of every song.  I have an old pass that allows me to use it for 3 pcs and includes 10 song credits per month

I've tried uninstalling the xbox music app, deleting all my music and resyncing, I've read about every post I can find and nothing is working to resolve it. 

Any ideas?  It's extremely frustrating to have something that used to work 100% of the time as the Zune software now never works correctly. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 146 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know this is an old post but since this just came up again for me I'm hoping this may help others and MS.

I'm a long time supporter of MS. Unfortunately I've had this same issue to occur with Zune, Xbox Music on Xbox 360, Windows Mobile and Windows Phone. As a result of my challenges I cancelled my then Zune subscription. This was back when MS gave Zune Subscribers 10 songs to keep permanently each month. It was extremely disappointing when MS ended the song credits after I terminated my subscription. Who is willing to pay for a service that didn't seem to work and noone gave a resolution that worked? I worked with support deleting files on Computer, Xbox & Phone, reinstalling apps. etc... nothing seemed to work.

Fast forward to today and my partner is having this issue with Xbox Music on Windows Phone. I thought this issue had been resolved but we think we may have FINALLY discovered the problem. It seems that you can't be logged into your account simultaneously from multiple sources. Once we discovered the login and logged out of the app from the computer the full songs began playing again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright Dog. Have you tried downloading music NOT to your SD card, and just playing it from the internal HDD?

Sorry this didn't help.

This question is not answered, for some reason the feedback mechanisms on this site default to successfully answering questions and they cannot be changed very easily.  I've rejected the answer in every way I can think of but the post still shows answered.  This is a terrible process and only adds to the frustration of this issue.  Please fix my problem and this site.  

TC

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to uninstall, wsreset.exe and reinstall, but no change.  I'm using an SD card loaded as part of my C: drive (used drive management to add it) and I'm pointed my music library to use the SD card for storage instead of the internal storage.  Could that be affecting this?

TC

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi JUSTlN GENERAL,

But unfortunately the free streaming will only be offered on the Windows 8 app on the PC. In order to listen to full songs on the Xbox 360, you will need a paid pass. Hope this clears things up. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar situation on the XBOX 360. I can stream full songs on Windows 8 desktop and Laptop. But 30 seconds only on XBOX 360. I do not have a music pass, but I was under the impression that the free streaming (of entire songs)was also available on XBOX 360. Can anyone answer that question.

I can't believe this isn't answered anywhere. I would really be pissed if I was paying as DogmaGuru is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yo Dog. Ok, now I know you have reinstalled the Xbox Music app, but I would like you to do it one more time, following the steps listed below.

1)      Right click on the app’s tile

2)      Select “Uninstall” and confirm

3)      From the Metro UI, type “WSReset.exe” and press enter

4)      After you see a confirmation the store cache has been reset, reinstall the app

Let us know how that goes! 

Sorry this didn't help.

yes that is correct

TC

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey sorry about the delay. Just to clarify, if you have the old Zune pass sub, it is valid on 3 phones, and 3 PC's. Is your Surface one of those three devices?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello?

TC

Sorry this didn't help.