XBOX MUSIC ON WINDOWS PHONE ERROR

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and i'm having trouble with the xbox music pass.

I signed up for the 30 day free trial and have been downloading a couple songs here and there but everytime i download a song or an album i'm greeted with "Hold on a moment were still getting the licence for you need to play this song" EVERYTIME. I've tried a sort reset 2 times, downloaded all the songs again and still get the same message. The music doesn't even play and it's been like this all day...any help would be appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I may be wrong but i believe the music pass streams the songs.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is not an answer to your frustration, but I hang on. The Windows Phone is in fact a big disappointment.

It's not only the Xbox service that doesn't work properly. That's an online service. It's worse with the OS. And it's easier to tell what's working.

I was thrilled by the screen, camera & the navigation solution. All what's good to say.

Details like copy/paste (no ALL function at all and it doesn't work with Google 'boxes'. Even not in IE) is horrible. Navigation problems on WEB sites (shouldn't be that difficult to go 'home' or 'end'. Neither should it be to build a better 'favorite' menu). When you're at Twitter, it's hopeless getting Twitpic details in browser ... Well, the list is long and I was expecting more from MS.

The OS seems unfinished for cellphone and how shall we get in touch with support without being ruined? I paid $750 for my 920 and it's probably the worst deal I've ever done.

Support hide behind closed doors, secret email-addresses & secret phone numbers.

I've had Nokia for the last 20yrs and was hoping for a genuine high-end product when MS replaced the OS. But I was wrong.

They have no other option than to peep to Apple for ideas.

The tiles are only a gimmick. Could have been useful if it wasn't for it's draining my battery in no time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there AmigoNigro,

Typically this error indicates that your device is having trouble connecting to the Xbox Music service. I'm able to test Xbox Music on our Windows Phone 8 here and it is working just fine so I do not believe the problem is with the OS on the phone or the Xbox Music service. If you go to Settings > Email+accounts > Microsoft Account, are there any prompts or alerts here?

TRY THESE STEPS: First connect to a different WiFi network and see if it happens from the other network. Some additional steps would be to backup your phone manually (Settings > Backup > Apps+settings > Backup now) and try again, you may also want to try hard resetting your phone by going to Settings > About > Reset your phone.

WARNING: Resetting your phone will erase ALL data on the device. If you perform a hard reset, backup whatever you need to save first.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.