XBox music on Win8 does not see my Google Drive

When I browse to the directory containing Google Drive, the Win8 XBox music app sees the other directories and even SkyDrive and DropBox, but not my Google Drive.

The directory is here: C:\Users\v-scslac. Interestingly Google Drive only appears in the explorer view, not from the command line.

C:\>dir /w C:\Users\v-scslac
Volume in drive C is OSDisk
Volume Serial Number is E429-D0B7

Directory of C:\Users\v-scslac

[.] [..] .gitconfig [.ssh] [AppData] [Contacts] [Desktop] [Documents]
[Downloads] [Dropbox] [Favorites] [Links] [Music] [Pictures] [Saved Games] [Searches]
[SkyDrive] [Tracing] [Videos]
1 File(s) 53 bytes
18 Dir(s) 394,041,049,088 bytes free
It appears that their File System Driver is not up to the level that SkyDrive and DropBox is. Interestingly, Windows Media Player can see it and play it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey DreamLimit,

To check that the Google drive folder is setup for your Music Library, Open Windows Explorer, click on LIbraries>Music.  On the top of the window, LIbrary Tools, Manage should be highlighted.  Click on "Manage".  You should see Manage library and Set save location. No click on Manage library, and Add the Google drive folder with your music in it there.

There are better steps on the Microsoft Windows website titled Libraries: How to add or remove a folder  Also, have you checked the sharing settings of the Google drive Music folder?

Let's start there. Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.