Xbox Music is EASILY the WORST music app I've ever used...

and it got even worse on WP8.1 -No live tile -why the hell does more effort go into promoting crap I won't ever buy much less listen to than to making the app pleasant to look at and easier to navigate. Being forced advertising for the phones, xbox, PCs,etc we bought is a huge turn-off -can't download some of my purchases from the marketplace -too much album art won't sync at all or syncs with something totally wrong -organization of certain options just plain stinks -between an ecosystem that MS is pushing for unification of Windows, WP, Surface, 360 , & Xbox One why the hell for it's price, can Xbox Music only sync music between 2 devices per month?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

You might be pleased to know it just got an update again today on WP8.1

Admittedly theres still no live tile, but the rest of your issues seem to have been improved upon a bit, especially album art syncing.

Not sure what happened to the AdyCarter account, so I'm now a Mr!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I share SOME of your frustration. I have seen what was a very good phone/player solution (Zune) devolve into a mess with Xbox Music. The concept of cloud music collection is interesting, but has been full of issues. A huge part of my collection still does not "match"---despite taking a lot of time to try to manually match stuff. The Windows Phone 8 (and 8.1--I use that, too) implementation is terrible. Songs cannot be copied to your phone (talking about the ones you "rent" using music pass). The DRM does not transfer with the song, requiring you to allow the phone to sync (via internet) and, at some indeterminate time, download the DRM so the songs play on the phone. This is very poor. Album art, as you say, has been another issue. I don't know why so many albums now show the generic "gray" cover, when the art appears in all other software. The live tile does not exist in the WP8.1 version, as you say---just the green tile. You do get 4 devices, not 2 with Xbox Music---plus Xbox which does not count against that total (but only streams---no downloads). 2 computers and 2 phones/Zunes at a time. Not sure how iPhones or Androids count against this total, as I have neither. I don't know of a music service that allows DOWNLOADS to more devices than this for this price. Rhapsody was one (1) device---had that for years. Spotify is one, I think. iTunes is zero---all streaming, as far as I know. On the positive side, they seem to be updating all the Xbox Music apps at a very fast rate. Every couple weeks, it seems. They are getting there, but I agree there is a lot *** up with it at the moment.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.