Xbox Music App on Windows Phone 8 not seeing any of my cloud collection

Hello,

I have the recently reinstalled the xbox music app on my phone (Lumia 920), however, it is no longer showing any of the music in my cloud collection, either artist, album, or playlist, but it does show the different radio stations I have. I have a music pass and I can see everything in my collection in a browser, on my PC, and in the app on my iPad, but not on my phone.

I have the options for streaming on but every time I open the app is signs me in, says checking for updates and then nothing, a few minutes later it will check for updates again but never update my collection, when I look it only ever has one album that is on my phone, if I select streaming it shows nothing.

I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it numerous times. I have performed a soft reset a number of times including after uninstalling it and before reinstalling it. If don't want to perform a hard reset because I don't like how Windows Phone backs-up and restores and my phone is never how I want it when I have done this in the past.

The Music+Video app sort of work but my music is a complete mess with each song coming up as an album of its own and multiple copies of the same playlists.

Are there any suggestions as to the next step? I really like Xbox Music as a service but am dumb founded that it works better on my iPad than my Windows Phone.

Thanks for any help,

Ricky

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Ricky!

That certainly isn't typical behaviour. Have you tried this on multiple different networks on your phone? Also, if you make a playlist on your phone, does it sync to other devices using Xbox Music? Did all of this music come from Xbox Music or did you use Music Matching for any of it? It almost sounds like the metadata isn't being read properly on the Windows Phone.

Let me know what happens!

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the phone both on my home network and my carriers with no difference. I created a playlist on my phone and it synced straight away to my cloud collection on the web. The playlists and music in the web is a mix of matched music and Xbox Music but neither are showing on the phone. I have not encountered the same problem with the music app on my PC (Windows 8.1) it is seeing my local music but nothing from the cloud. The only things that seem to be working are the web player and the app on my iPad, even my Xbox One has stopped updating my collection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.