XBOX MODERATORS!

k so im in a game of HC snd this morning and im arguing with another player and he goes "dont worry im hitting him offline" next thing i know im offline and cant sign back in til moments later his gamertag read T E K N E 4 K z     i filed a complaint for system tampering but i dont think thats enough he only has 85 gamerscore so he'll just make another account if he gets account banned honestly people like this deserve console bans. please do something punks like this are everywhere.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 16, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If it really is that big of a deal, be sure to report him for misuse of text communications as well as system tampering. If you want to go even farther, go to ic3.gov and report him there.

Here is his Youtube if that's of any assistance: [View:http://www.youtube.com/user/TEKNE4Kz].

Yea, same thing happened to me.  He sent me the IP of everyone in my party.  I told him I was recording all the messages and if I did get disconnected he would be banned.  He never knocked me offline :)

If he did just ping your IP you should be able to turn that function off in your router settings so you don't accept pings from the internet (I think that's right, may not be the most technical explanation if anyone would like to explain it better).

@OP:

Also report this to your IP provider, along with the date & time it happened.

They also frown upon this, and it IS illiegal.

o and he sent message saying "get ddosed kid"

[quote user="VAsFinestSHOTTY"]

k so im in a game of HC snd this morning and im arguing with another player and he goes "dont worry im hitting him offline" next thing i know im offline and cant sign back in til moments later his gamertag read T E K N E 4 K z     i filed a complaint for system tampering but i dont think thats enough he only has 85 gamerscore so he'll just make another account if he gets account banned honestly people like this deserve console bans. please do something punks like this are everywhere.

[/quote]

If this guy is DDoSing you, an account ban is the least of his worries.  First thing's first, change your IP.   What type of internet connection do you have?

File a complaint within the BOs game also.

I believe that guy pinged your modem which screws with everything.

I think that's what a DDOS attack is.

There is a way to prevent it, but I don't remember it.

I was in a party chat today with this group of random people from a game earlier today, they were talking about cheating by using a PC to lag the connection so someone wouldn't get killed and said they would help out someone in the party with some tournament coming up by doing that. Anyway with that being said, I assume that you could easily get anyone's IP so long that the computer is connected to the same router that the Xbox is. You could probably even run something similar to netstat -n in DOS to possibly see who all is connected to that router. Because a player is the server/host means we all connect to one another and not to a 3rd party server once were in-game means quite frankly we could get eachother's IP via PC and DDOS that connection till disconnect.

FYI this thread will be locked. You cannot post player gamer tags with negative remarks on this forum. if you have an issue with a certain player please file a complain.