Xbox Marketplace games lag

Okay so i'm not sure if this is even the right section for this but I need help anyways. I have played GTA 4 on my xbox for quite some time. It is downloaded from the xbox marketplace and when i get into an online match with my friend and we join some randoms so there's prob 6+ ppl, the game lags as well as my friend can't hear me talk at all, but when I dashboard he can hear me fine, so it's just the lag of the game. It's not my connection that's the problem, I have OPEN NAT and play other games with perfect connection so I though eh, it's just the game. But now, today I just bought Homefront just to play with a couple friends, we go online and when I join a match, I am 1 and 2 bar connection no matter what I do. I turn every single thing off in the house that uses internet except my xbox, but nope 1 bar still. I reset the router, nope. And also my friend can't heaar me either just like on GTA4. Did I mention that I bought Homefront from the xbox live marketplace? Yeah, so it seems marketplace downloads don't run quite as good. Could I get my $20 back so I could actually go to Best Buy/Gamestop so I could get a copy of the game that won't lag on me like the *** marketplace games do. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

Can I get an admin or something in here!? This is ***!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I try to start a damn customer service chat with Microsoft to ask them for some help...Oh wait, Microsoft CS sucks and you can't even click the button to start the chat. Wtf kinda *** is that? Just keep hitting the button and nothing happens.

Sorry this didn't help.

Help....

Sorry this didn't help.

Help...

Sorry this didn't help.

Whatever people, nevermind then. I told you Xbox Customer Support sucks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey look, just wasted $20 because nobody on this forum helps, can't start a chat with microsoft, and you can't understand the indian ppl that microsoft employs for their phone lines!!! GIVE ME A *** BREAK!

Sorry this didn't help.

Heyyyy, would you look at that! Still no answer? Yup, still no help. Thanks you guys! <-----(SARCASM)

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and congrats to whoever marked all these posts as 1 star. I hope you feel big and bad behind your computer screen marking 1 star on xbox forum posts. That's a real accomplishment.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey XImmortalWrathX, I'm sorry for the experience but we do actually have a posted response time of 24hrs within our posted hours M-F 9am-5pm PST! Also, for future posts, it does take us longer to respond to a thread that is continuously bumped. This is because we work oldest to newest, so when you bump to the top of the pile you're pushing to that 24 hour mark again.

Regarding your issue, I'm afraid we can't provide a refund, but we would like to help you get this sorted! You say this only occurs with the two games mentioned? Have you checked for any corrupted files for either game?(Guide Button > Far Right to System Settings > Storage > Select Storage Device > Games and Apps > Check for any corrupt content or yellow "!" marks, and delete any corrupt content).

Also, if you don't find any corrupt files, are you able to try a direct wired connection to the router as a test? To the modem? This will help us pinpoint where in the connection you're lagging.

In addition, can you please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Sorry for so many questions! Just want to make sure we can help you out as quickly as possible. :)

Sorry this didn't help.