Xbox live update

On the 24.05.11 I had to download an update for xbox live. I accepted and started downloading it. The download itself was no problem. Then the xbox was applying the update. 9/10 of the green bar was filled out, when suddenly it just stops. The sircles continue spinning and the xbox is still working, but I can't do anything. My controller disconnects after 2 minutes. After about 15-20 minutes the xbox just says "Can't process the update". I sent an email to xbox support. They sais I should try to use the clear system cache option when selecting "memory" in the xbox settings. This failed, so now I am always disconnected from xbox live when I turn it on. This sucks because I only bought 1 month of xbox live (I have had xbox live before) It is not really cheap in Norway (when i buy it from gamestop, the only place I can buy it from) so now I'm sad :( 

Have anybody else had this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? I am grateful for any atempt to solve it :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

i had this problem but i kept trying it and it worked but now it has deleted my online passes for games and i now have to buy them again i have no idea when it will be back up but i am hoping it dont take long

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Copy to a USB flash drive

If you cannot connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

2. Download the update file.

3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.

4. Unzip the file. If you are using Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.

5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.

6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.

7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.

8. Restart the console.

9. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

link: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates.aspx

hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ich habe genau die selbe Feher .

Kann jetzt nicht einmal das Update herunterlade.

Was soll das denn? Ich sitze jetzt schon seit gestern ohne Xbox live,weil diese @@@ Update kann nicht herutnergeladen werden oder sonst noch was.

Sorry this didn't help.