Xbox Live Money/Membership problem

Recently, I gotten 2 Xbox Live Gift Cards, one containing $50 (Gotten for Christmas) and the other containing $25. So far my 12 Month Membership expired on Christmas day and I want a new 12 Month Membership so I can play more longer.

When I try it, I go into 12 month membership and a note says "no payment option", I select that and I want to choose Microsoft Money... only it does not allow me to use my money that I have for myself. Can anyone help me on this? this has been caused fustration for me and I do not want to have this problem on my xbox forever

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Werewolf,

Not to worry as it is nothing you are doing wrong, but Microsoft does not currently allowing MS account currency to be used to pay for an Xbox Live Gold Subscription. Currently the only subscription that can be purchased with MS account currency is a Music Pass on Xbox One. All this and more can be found in Microsoft's Currency FAQ. Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alrighty then, thanks for the help!

I may just get my membership until mid-late January when my dad saves up... but in the meantime, can I see if I can add you on Xbox?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.