Xbox Live Marketplace Doesn't Let Me Buy Anything

Hello,

I am trying to purchase Red Dead Redemption on Xbox Live. When I choose my PayPal account I get the following message: "Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.

I get the same message when trying to buy directly with my Visa debit card (the same I have connected to PayPal).

I also get an error when trying to buy from xbox.com.

My last purchase was on 2/27/13 - two games (Bioshock, El Shaddai). I used the PayPal option and had no problems. 

I checked my Microsoft account profile and updated my address info to match my card. 

Can you help?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Jedi! If you are getting billing issues, and you have verified your payment info is correct, I would suggest calling Phone Support, as they can look at your profile and see what's going down. Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im having the same issue....but Im trying to purchase content with MS points. Ive contacted support but they still havent solved the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Usually when this happens it is because Microsoft flags your account for trying payment methods too frequently that fail. Have Xbox Support give you a call back by putting your info here support.xbox.com/contact-us and they will be able to unlock your account so it can take payments again, only takes a minute or two to be done. This is usually done for security reasons for you, your card supplier and for Microsoft's protection

Sorry this didn't help.

Baza is half right here, if it is a billing lock, your console would say you have a billing lock that is preventing you from purchasing anything. If it's authorize issues, It could be paypal or that your billing info on your console does not match what is in your paypal billing information. Other than that, Paypal gives ALOT of billing gripes. Make sure the billing info is accurate in both spots, if that doesnt help, try another payment method (this will be billing first troubleshooting step aside from making sure you dont have a lock on your account, which, like i said, the console would let you know your billing account had been locked and to call support. If another payment method doesn't work, then call a support agent at 18004MYXBOX or set up a click to call here: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.