Xbox LIVE Indie Games will not play!!!

Recently, I have been downloading Indie trial games, and they would not play due to lack of an update.  I figured it was just because they were trial games, however.  Yesterday I tried playing Breath of Death VII, which I bought a long time ago and have played before.  It came up with the same error message.  Here is the message I receive:

Xbox LIVE Indie

In order to play this game, you need to download and apply the available update. Please start the game again and accept the update.

The problem is when I start the game again, the same message appears.  I never have the opportunity to accept an update.  I have tried deleting the game and redownloading it.  I have tried deleting it and all other Indie games and then redownloading it.  I have tried deleting it, all other Indie games, and clearing the cache ... then redownloading it.  Nothing seems to work.  What is going on with my Xbox or Indie games?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

please watch the dates of the posts this one is from over 5 months ago and has probably been resolved even if the op has not posted back since Feb

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok everybody. if anybody is still having the error i will be posting a youtube vid tomorrow  that show how i fixed it.

you need a flash drive a computer i will post back here tommorrow

Sorry this didn't help.

So I guess I will give up on this.  I cannot play an Indie game!  It sucks, but it is what it is ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Trying to save the game to a USB external drive didn't work either.  First, I had to switch my profile to the external drive.  I wanted to save straight to the Xbox, but if I have no profile, it doesn't recognize me as a Gold Member or that I even bought Breath of Death VII.  Next, I had to delete the game, clear the cache from all drives, and unplug my hard drive.  I downloaded the game, and the same message appeared.  I tried downloading two other Indie games, and it says the same thing for them, too.  If I could just download this supposed update, I think all would be good.  I just can't get to an option of doing so.  I'm thinking I just am not going to be able to play Indie games on my Xbox 360.  I might just have to chalk up that dollar spent as a dollar lost.  At least it was only a dollar.  Hopefully this doesn't happen with Arcade.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  So let me make sure I understand: no indie games at all are playing on your system?  Hmm.  OK, if you have a hard drive, please try removing it along with all other accessories, then download the game directly to a USB.  Let's see if it behaves that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to be a jerk, but I said I tried that in my initial comment. I appreciate your attempt though, even if you didn't really read my question all of the way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please delete the Indie game, clear your cache, and re-download it.

Delete The Game:

You can delete the game by going to Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games & Apps > Find the indie game and delete everything in the folder (except for saved games if in there.)

-

Clear Your Cache:

Settings > System > Storage > Highlight your storage device > Press Y > Clear System Cache, and press Yes.

-

Download Game Again:

Re-download the Indie Game and launch it and see if it works.

Sorry this didn't help.