Xbox Live Indie Games in Ireland

Can someone please tell me why xbox live indie games is still not available in Ireland? It's in the UK but not Ireland, eh why exactly? It makes it even more annoying because Irish users are treated as if we were part of the UK in terms of videos shown and allusions made on xbox live. Take inside xbox for example, Im sick of watching things about indie games on inside xbox when it's not even avilable to me. Seriously it's like we're being taunted! Fix it, it's inconsistent/false advertising and bloody frustrating.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The same reason why Canada pays way more for ms points and get much less than the US.

because microsoft hates ireland we dont get last fm or indie games OR various other things ............. Ohh they love St patricks day but not the irish

around the time you went all emo and sad i mean seriosly the bio drama! the devil and unstoppable killing machine, youve lost control? disipline of revenge? Indred cold? more like inbred. for christ sake this is a gaming community not some scene poetry,military hard-guy wannabe crap short story where you vent youre "creative-ness" because mommy dosnt love you

While I don't know the particulars of Ireland, a good number of goverments do not allow the sale of video games unless it goes through their regulatory board. No exeptions. The indie games are completely self regulated with zero outside enforcement. Alas they cannot be released in these regions.

so....its the governments fault TO ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not anything to do with the government, We have Steam, gamersgate, and can download freely from the internet. It's Microsoft's decision to release it and the government has nothing to do with it.

But it doesn't make any sense as Microsoft's European base is in Ireland, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to voice my frustration as I really want to download "Try not to Fart"!!!

[quote user="boundless08"]

It's not anything to do with the government, We have Steam, gamersgate, and can download freely from the internet. It's Microsoft's decision to release it and the government has nothing to do with it.

But it doesn't make any sense as Microsoft's European base is in Ireland, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to voice my frustration as I really want to download "Try not to Fart"!!!

[/quote]Incorrect.  Some governments do not allow the sale of games with out ratings on them.  NONE of the indie games are rated, and therefore are not allowed to be sold in some countries.

Ireland is pretty sensitive in the 'Rating censoring' field. Since Indie developers dont put their games through a rating system, they are just locked out of Ireland.

[quote user="FatherlyNick"]

Ireland is pretty sensitive in the 'Rating censoring' field. Since Indie developers dont put their games through a rating system, they are just locked out of Ireland.

[/quote]We're not that bad these days.

It really only seems to be an issue with Lives Indie Games. No issues with Steam or anything along those lines.

[quote user="FatherlyNick"]

[/quote]

I don't think so at all. 

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!