Xbox Live Hacked???

With all thats been going on with Sony and NiNtendo with there servers being hacked and iam sure other things as well.

Do we here on Xbox Live have to worry about it as well?Thats some scary crap.Them getting peoples personal info and all...What do you guys think about it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To my understanding, hackers have only gottent into the Xbox Live Marketplace, like when they downloaded Halo Reach before launch by breaching the Marketplace security and getting the On Demand version.

However, account information has been kept safe on Microsoft's end for over eight years now. Falling prey to a phishing scam is the only real way to have your account hacked.

..and for thy treason...the axe!

to be fair if id had been hacked i think it would have been on world news it will only be a few people who have not looked after there personal details its easy to get hold of someones account if you know there email thats all you need these days www.guardian.co.uk/.../xbox-live-security-alert-playstation-network-hack <this link says its people using hacked xbox's that have got online after they have been banned and playing pirated games its all alot of fuss over nothing

It's definitely not impossible. I have no idea on their level of security but there's nothing that can't be broken into and if you found the right people who wanted to do this, I'm sure it's possible. Wouldn't be an easy nut to crack though.

Well considering Microsoft is a software company who has dealt with security for close to 20 years they have some expertise n the manner. Its nearly impossible to build un-hackable client code but its pretty easy to build robust service code.

I am sure with sony's trouble MS has looked into xbox just to be safe.

The strongest defense is only as good as your weakest links - In this case, the end users

Everyone can get hacked or attacked. No one is safe and plenty of companies get attacked on a daily basis.

[quote user="Kurokage22"]

From what I have been told, you can be phished, not hacked.

[/quote]You're thinking of individual accounts.  This was company hacking.

From what I have been told, you can be phished, not hacked.