XBOX Live Family Accounts and Downloadable games/content

I have an xbox gold family account and we have two separate xbox game systems (one upstairs for Dad and one downstairs for the kids).  I downloaded the most recent COD Black Ops map pack (Escalation) onto my game system upstairs since I am the main account holder and the only one authorized for purchases.  I then have tried many different ways of copying the downloaded map packs to the system downstairs.  When I recover my gamertag downstairs I can play the new maps but if my son logs in under his gamertag he cannot and it tells him to purchase and download the maps which are already on the system.  I understand that people cannot copy from friends downloadable content to use on their systems but this is my son who's gamertag is linked and paid for under my gold family account.  I surely do not have to buy a separate map pack for each log in that my family has in order for them to be able to play it under their profile.

Any help or guidance with this matter is much appreciated.  I am very frustrated with this situation as is my son.

Thanks!

Baz

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Q: If I purchase an Xbox LIVE Arcade game, does it belong to everyone in the family?

A: Purchased content such as games and movies are licensed both to the console it was purchased on, and the individual Gold member that purchased it. So if, for example, your child were to buy an Xbox LIVE Arcade game on your home console, anyone on your console can play it. Additionally, if they leave for college, they could recover their account on another Xbox 360 in their dorm room and be able to play the game when logged into their account from that Xbox 360.

www.xbox.com/.../FamilyPackFAQ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.