Xbox Live DLC region block

Hi,

I just recently got stationed to Spain from the U.S. I have a U.S. console and live account.

I am trying to buy the 2nd map pack for Call of Duty Black OPS. I get an error stating the content is not available in my region. I called Xbox and they said Spain was one the countries Microsoft isn't able to migrate my account to.

The first map pack I bought for CoD shows up fine. I bought this in the states before I moved to Spain.

Can I have a friend living in the U.S. recover my gamertag to their xbox and purchase the map pack to my account and then I log in to my console here in Spain and play?

Thanks,

Mike

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="MAGNUS ALPHA"]

Can I have a friend living in the U.S. recover my gamertag to their xbox and purchase the map pack to my account and then I log in to my console here in Spain and play?

Thanks,

Mike

[/quote]

No because even if your friend has downloaded it on your profile, you would still need to download it yourself on your console, which wouldn't work as you are in Spain.

You can just make a silver account and download it with that account and then play with it your main account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I made a Spanish account earlier but I loaded points to the US acct. So you are saying if I buy the dlc with the silver acct I will be able to use it on the US ( Gold acct)?

Thanks for your help

Sorry this didn't help.

you need a spanish disk unless a EN dlc is available in spain (from other spanish players its a NO)

you are better off waiting till you are back in the states

you must use a spanish account plus spanish ms points

and no ms points are not transferable

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I figured it out. I went into the Spanish Acct and found they had both Spanish and English DLC. So Im downloading the EN now. Hopefully it works.

I would of waited to just go back to the states, but I wont be back for 2 years.

Thanks for all your help. Hopefully this works.

Sorry this didn't help.