Xbox Live Cloud Started already????

I heard that the xbox live cloud support started today for select XBLA games. Where was the announcement and how do we use this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I read about it, but haven't seen anything about the games that use this feature. Didn't think it was going to launch so soon.

The only official announcement I've seen regarding cloud support was their E3 statement. I read a couple of articles today saying that select individuals had received a dashboard update for cloud support, but both sourced a EuroGamer article that has been taken offline. Maybe it's in beta testing and the NDA keeps them from talking about it.

So what does this do? Is it like onlive where you stream the game off a computer?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

So what does this do? Is it like onlive where you stream the game off a computer?

[/quote]

No, you won't stream video from a remote location to play your games. It basically works as remote storage -- so if you recover your GT on another 360, you'll be able to access your save games.

I heard we will be able to use gamertag on your friends console and pull save data as well.

I'm fine with this "type" of service, because it a nice thing to have... but if they bring out an OnLive service somewhere down the road I'm done gaming, I hate that thing with a passion.

This sounds sweet!

haha - i remember creating a thread (about a year ago) about how it would be good were MS to implement this sort of thing and was told by everyone that it sucked and how it would take away from other features, you know, the usual clap trap people spout whenever a user makes a suggestion?  Well, now MS are in the process of doing it, everyone thinks it's cool.  Got to love the sheep mentality that is ever so evident whenever things like this get officially announced.

I heard about it, but haven't seen any official announcement yet.

[quote user="Darth Caesar"]

haha - i remember creating a thread (about a year ago) about how it would be good were MS to implement this sort of thing and was told by everyone that it sucked and how it would take away from other features, you know, the usual clap trap people spout whenever a user makes a suggestion?  Well, now MS are in the process of doing it, everyone thinks it's cool.  Got to love the sheep mentality that is ever so evident whenever things like this get officially announced.

[/quote]

I've done that a few times. Only to have it shot down by naysayers. How ignorant some people are. Pay no mind to them, Caesar.