Xbox Live 2 months for $2 not going through

Hi all; I found the 2 months for $2 promo for silver members, and I figured I would give it a try, but when I get to the checkout (after I click the confirm purchase button) a sentence in red appears stating: "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support."

I am trying to pay via paypal, and I believe that my account is set up according to the guidlines posted in the forums.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I couldn't get it to add my card, i tried 3 different cards and ended up just getting the $10 one on my xbox. =/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Still not working; I checked commerce.microsoft.com and everything is identical across the board.  

As a side note, I suspect it might be something to do with my computer/anti-virus software, because I also cannot load the page to add another credit card.  Is this a known issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Comet! For our best help, please create a new thread here detailing your issue and any steps you have already taken. We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Avigdor! Can you also confirm that your PayPal account has a positive money balance (not just a connected bank account) or that it has a credit card attached to it? Also, can you try using a different payment method to see if you get the same issue purchasing? Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Avigdor!  Here's another thing we should try: please head to commerce.microsoft.com and make sure that all the info there is accurate and matches your PayPal!

Sorry this didn't help.

It depends whether you have used it before. I assume you have, so depending how your account is set up make sure the account is connected to a good source on Paypal. Wait a while, then try again. Sometimes all it takes is a little time. If you are still having trouble try calling support or support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.