Xbox Hard Drive for Add-on

I am curious, since i own a 4gb xbox... Do you need a Microsoft Internal Hard Drive to be able to download the HD add-on or can you use any external USB hard drive?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I have tested this for you, you will need at least 20 GB (and for it to run at a stable manner) of storage to download it, therefore I'd encourage you to use an internal HDD for your XBOX, as a USB stick may not work with a 100% success ratio.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

•Single Player Disc: 6.7 GB

•Multiplayer/Co-Op Disc: 7.3 GB

•High-Res Texture Pack: 1.5 GB

•Day One Patch: 167 MB

•Total Size: 15.5 GB

A new 20 GB xbox harddisk has only 13.6 GB left since 6GB goes to xbox 360 system data .. so if you need to install it all, you need atleast a 120GB ..

Sorry this didn't help.

you can use a USB mem stick for the dlc content.MAX stick is 16GB(well that's all the xbox will reconize,you can use a bigger one,BUT ALL YOU'LL GET IS 16,AND YES YOU CAN USE ANY NAME MEM. STICK,XBOX WILL AUTO FORMAT IT

however you will not be able to install the title itself,which loads faster and doesn't require your disc drive to be always reading.As slimjay said over 15.5 GB to install everything on harddrive(he forgot to add in playerfile; about 67Mb)

strongly recommend getting a 250 drive for your slim,4GB goes quick; i 'm using a 4GB mem stick with my 250GB

i have about 1.6 on mem stick(on stick is just back-up player files and system data they auto take) and 107 on harddrive(DLC's and installed games including arcade titles that go above my mem stick). (or hold out for release of 320 or is it 350 hardrives)REMEMBER the bigger the hardrive the more xbox takes for system data..

unknown why they take even more then they do for a lower GB drive(say 4gb,they take less then a GB,but on the 250 they take well over a GB for the same exact use.)

this is verified to work; as i had it installed this way first; and currently have ALL updates for BC2 on mem stick and i NEVER had issues with game running properly.

Sorry this didn't help.