Xbox gold purchasing

I have a major complaint about the methodology used to have people register for a gold account.

When Xbox opens the first screen it opens on, is a screen that all one has to do is press the green button and voila, your in. This is great, however I have small children and they have so far purchased xbox gold twice for me. I now have 2.5 years of xbox live paid for by random button pushing compliments of my child and the devious purchasing system created by some unscrupulous marketers. Get this, if you call to have it repaired or removed they make the process arduous and painful so you give up, or say fine...leave it. And you only have 30 days to catch the error.

Yes, I know I can put on a code that only allows me and my wife to get in, but now we will have to open it for them each time. Besides that is totally beside the point.

My point is that the way the system is set up, xbox is literally cheating people, by having it be as simple as it is. Children all across America are signing up their parents and if its on an account that is not used much, it can go undetected.  the other thing is I can not remove the credit card  or I loose the account, HUH? I paid didnt I?

There ought to be a law against this, it seems  like it should be illegal.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

In your case, you're absolutely delighted with everything, except that if you leave the room at any time, your kids will create some sort of charges on the xbox for you to pay. You do realise that it's essentially the exact same as your kids making long distance phone calls, and then you complaining that it's too easy to use the phone?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I love it when employees try to play devils advocate.

No its not essentially that. I allow my children to use the Xbox and not our phones. But more to the point, once the xbox is at where my children want it (netflix), its not a problem, they navigate the movies and if they put on one that i dont want them to see, that is on me. The problem is when the xbox boots up, the first screen is the buy more xbox live screen, and all one needs to do is push the green button a few times and your done. if one were to push the same button on a phone, there would not be a long distance call made. All Xbox needs to do is put a different ad that is not a purchase ad  as the "home" screen

The problem would also be easier to resolve if Xbox did not make the refund process so arduous. If that was easy it would not be a big deal, but the way it is set up, occurs as though it is intentionally done this way.

Its a simple fix.  The question then becomes will they do anything about. If the answer is no, then they like the way they bring in extra income.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can make it so your account doesn't auto sign in.  Also you can make an XBL Passcode that needs to be entered to connect to live on your profile support.xbox.com/.../pass-codes < that link will help you with creating a passcode.  Other then those two methods or removing your credit card you will just have to keep a closer eye on them if that doesn't work for you

Sorry this didn't help.

Also if you remove the Credit Card you will not lose the account.  You just won't have auto-renewal so you will need to add another year using a pre-paid one year card because if you add the credit card back on you need to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX to have it removed again (which is what you have to do if you want it removed)  Hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you

P

Sorry this didn't help.