Xbox games on xbox 360

Hello i have a question. I just bought the xbox game Jurassic park operation genesis for my xbox 360. The problem that i have is i dont know if it will work. I bought the game on ebay. I have the Mw3 xbox 360 and i am not able to attach a hard drive to it. But the xbox 360 i have has a 320 GB Hardrive built into it. Can i play Xbox games on the Mw3 xbox 360, even though i cant connect an external hardrive to it? Please reply

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

I don't see what the issue would be without a hard drive, unless you're installing it, tho it may not be able to save game progress. I play reg Xbox games on my 360, from the disk, just note that there are no longer servers dedicated to them, as of April 2010, so you would not be able to play online, or online multiplayer for that matter. I hope that helps!  =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your xbox is newer, you might need to download an extra thing. otherwise it should work

Sorry this didn't help.

All supported Xbox games will rerquire you to download an update via a prompt that appears the moment you load it up as long as your hard drive is a true microsoft model (yours should be since it is internal).  That being said not all original xbox games were adapted for backwards compatabilty on the 360.  Here are 2 links for lists I have found, obviously the one from xbox support itself is likely to be more trustworthy.

en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

support.xbox.com/.../play-original-games

Sorry this didn't help.