Xbox Games of 2011 you Played & your Rating (so far)

Although we didn't really hit the big part of 2011 yet, i'd like to see what other Xbox gamers have been playing & enjoying so far this year.

GAME TITLE (Current Rating out of 10)

Games I own:

1. Dead Space 2 (9)
  2. FEAR 3 (9)
  3. Mortal Kombat (8.5)
  4. Portal 2 (8.5)
  5. Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (8)
  6. Earth Defense Force: IA (8)
  7. Shadows of the Damned (8)
  8. L.A. Noire (8)
  9. Bulletstorm (7.5)
  10. Hunted: Demon’s Forge (7)

Games I tried:

1. Crysis 2 (7.5)
  2. Operation Flashpoint: Red River (7)
  3. Homefront (7)
  4. Duke Nukem Forever (6)
  5. Test Drive: Unlimited 2 (5)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Still being relatively new to Xbox (only having finally bought one this year and then sudden joblessness) I seem to play more older games that I've missed out on but as for 2011 releases.

Portal 2 (9)

L.A. Noire (8) (Although I was only able to play it for a few hours)

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (5)

Although I have tried demo's for

Bulletstorm (8)

Duke Nukem Forever (4)

Sonic Generations (7)

The games I bought this year:

TDU2...it was a 9 until they stopped supporting it and dropped it like a hot iron, so it's a 2.

LA Noire...it's a 9 but without a guide, a 6.

Games I've bought but barely played...Homefront, Splinter Cell Convictions, FEAR 3.  I haven't played them much, so I won't rate them.

2011 games I played  Portal - 10

Homefront - 6

DC Universe Online - 8

Brink - 6

The only new games I've played so far are...

TDU2 (maybe that was late 2010): Considering TDU is still my favorite 360 title, I was ecpecting a game at least as good as the original. TDU2 is a huge disappointment. It's buggy, has a stupid story with repetitive cutscenes, less events, and everything just feels forced. (6/10)

L.A. Noire: I like this title quite a bit, but I don't love it.  I like all the elements well enough, I just wish it relied more on detective work. (8/10)

Dragon Age II: Like TDU, I loved the original, which I personally consider to be the best RPG this generation. DA2 feels dumbed-down & rushed in comparison. No where near the same level as DAO. Sadly, I've found this to be the case with all Bioware sequels. (6/10)

I still have to pick up Portal 2.

[quote user="AlmondAdam"]

Still being relatively new to Xbox (only having finally bought one this year and then sudden joblessness) I seem to play more older games that I've missed out on but as for 2011 releases.

Portal 2 (9)

L.A. Noire (8) (Although I was only able to play it for a few hours)

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime (5)

Although I have tried demo's for

Bulletstorm (8)

Duke Nukem Forever (4)

Sonic Generations (7)

[/quote]

I know what you mean mate about the joblessness . Bad times

L.A. Noire is the only game ive bought this year and id give it an 8. Although it could/should have been a 10

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (5)

Brink (4)

Portal 2 (10)

Dynasty Warriors 7 (5)

I think I had the most fun so far with the Gears 3 beta. I wasn't previously much of a Gears player either. Hopefully Skyrim, Gears, and Battlefield can top my list in a few months.

Beyond Good & Evil HD (9) Old game still looks nice. Variety of gameplay and soundtrack are awesome. Zelda/Metal Gear/Pokemon Snap love child.

Portal 2 (8.5) Puzzles seem easier, but it's most likely that the game is less foriegn to me than the first was at the time. I dig the humour and story. Haven't got into co-op yet, waiting for a buddy to finish up SP. Probably will raise the score.

La Noire (8) Really had a good time with the game, but they're no replay value after you've gotten the achievments. Just waiting for the last DLC to finish up.

Homefront (7) Old graphics, but a cool single player story. Didn't get to much into multiplayer, but seemed decent.

Crysis 2 (7) Solid SP, but shoddy MP. No frequent updates, lap, slow matchmaking, etc.

Dragon Age 2 (6) Some good stuff, but sort of a bland story with the same ending as Kotor 2. Tapping A constantly was pointless, and not what I was expecting from "improved action oriented combat". Also that cave, and then again same cave, and still more of the cave.

On a scale of 1-10, Bulletstorm was really fun.

Dragon Age II (7) I really enjoyed origins but the sequel wasn't even in the same league. I find it pretty hard to give this game a fair score, on the one hand there's a vast number of things I don't like compared to orgins, on the other there's still a reasonable amount of good stuff in there.

Portal 2 (7) Based solely on Single Player as I haven't played much Co-op. The puzzles were far too easy for the most part, the story was fairly weak with bad pacing but there's just enough there to make it worth a playthrough.

Operation Flashpoint: Red River (8.5) A nice difficult tactical shooter, great fun when played co-operatively, like it's predecessor it's a little glitchy and there's too much sitting around listening to someone talk but at least it checkpoints after the intro of each mission unlike Dragon Rising.

• MindJack  0.5/10
  • Dead Space 2  8/10
  • Test Drive Unlimited 8/10
  • Lego Star Wars 3  6.5/10
  • de Blob 2 6/10
  • Grey Matter 4/10
  • Homefront 6/10
  • Dragon Age II 8.5/10
  • Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed 7/10
  • Top Spin 4 6/10
  • Crysis 2 8.5/10
  • Portal 2 9.9/10
  • Brink 5/10
  • LA Noire 9.9/10
  • DiRT 3 8/10
  • Hunted: Demon's Forge 6.5/10
  • Alice: Madness Returns 9/10
  • Duke Nukem Forever 5.5/10
  • Dungeon Siege 3  7.5/10

You really liked Alice huh? I forgot that even came out, I'll have to nab a copy. The first was one of those benchmark games when I still had a Voodoo 2.