Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing

I read another post about this, and it said that it can be shared with other family members, but on Xbox. So I am here to ask if it's also possible to share it on PC, for example if my dad buys it, can my brother and I also use it? or do we have to separately buy 2 Xbox game passes?
|
The microsoft store account must be logged into the account profile with the title ownership top download the title,  and also set as one of the 10 active windows 10 devices.  You can switch the signs in profile via the xbox app on the PC and have another tag play the title. 

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Omri,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in knowing if you can share an Xbox Game Pass subscription on PC. The home Xbox feature is what our customer's utilize to share Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass to other accounts on their console. This feature is not supported on PC. This feature only works with the Xbox One. In this case, we suggest purchasing two separate Xbox Game Pass subscriptions if both accounts are going to be used on PC. We hope this helps!

\(^ω^\)

40 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it is not possible.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No it really doesn't help and it's really not made clear when you sign up to the new Game Pass tier. This is a major oversight that you need to sort.

You force families to create multiple accounts on the PC in order to control content access and time restrictions. They need to then be able to access the family content. There's no way anyone is buying a subscription per family member, that's a ridiculous suggestion.

347 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually you need a separate subscription per console if there are multiple users. That's common. You can share a subscription on one console with others. The minute you add more consoles you need separate subscriptions. It's always been like this. 

As for sharing on PC. 

If the subscription is under your name and you are designated as the home Xbox on the console.

And if you're the main account on the PC. 

You can sign yourself in on the PC and the other person can share your subscription using their own gamertag on the Xbox console. That way you can play together on one subscription. 

I did this with my son occasionally so we can play Sea of Thieves together. 

A family account has nothing to do with subscriptions or sharing. It's for content restrictions, time limits and monitoring usage. 

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!

\(^ω^\)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2021 Views 76,425 Applies to: