Xbox Game is unreadable, but has no serious scratches?

I am trying to play MW3 and the disc is unreadable. There are no major or serious scratches on the disc, just little hairline scratches. It makes no sense because I can play it for 5 minutes, then it will say "unreadable." This is getting really annoying. I tried to install it to my hard drive, but it says "unreadable" after 45%. I tried putting toothpaste, peanut butter, car polish, deodorant, and even chap stick, and none of that works. This is one of the cleanest discs I have ever seen. It's not my disc drive because it plays every other game perfectly fine. Also, I swapped my MW3 disc with my friends, because he has mw3 installed so it doesn't matter, and the same thing happened again, but it worked better with his disc. I tried clearing system cache, and I removed any corrupted apps. Nothing is working. Please help, it would be appreciated 100%. Thank you.

Hey sorry to hear about this. After all your cleaning and it still wont work right? the only things I can think that you can try is taking it to a place that can repair discs and see if that machine will repair it but its mainly for scratches. Which brings me to that the disc actually is defected somewhere on info code where the error keeps coming up. The last thing to try is to return it back to the store and exchange it for a new copy.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem as you I even took it to get fixed and it still doesn't work.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Could possibly be a problem with the lens on the xboxs reader. Do any other games have issues right now?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If all your other games work fine and you have even tried a different copy of mw3 with the same results there might possabily be another corrupted file that you have missed. This does sound like a very uique problem though. I would suggest sending your xbox to microsoft to get the lens fixed to cover a big possability. Maybe try your cleaned copy of mw3 in someone elses xbox to see if they suffer the same?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Putting all those things on it probably didn't help. There's a solution I found that worked with a BF3 game of mine. Try borrowing a game from one of your friends. Put the disc in, on the dashboard go to game options. Install the game to your HDD. After that, put your scratched disc back in, and try playing it. This should work, since its only reading the data from the HDD, not the disc. The disc is then only used for authorization to play the game.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The scratch could be whats causeing the game to error. Where the scratch is could be the location of important file information.

If you just bought the game then it could be a defective disk, everynow and again a disk doesnt fully complete the loading process and they dont do quality checks when they package them up. so just exchange it.

Worst case, just buy a new disk, Uploading it can be a problem, since there is a selected ammount of space for MW3 saved on your console to allow DLC content, some games dont use all that space but some do.

If you upload it to your console you may not have enough room for future DLC and/or your DLC wont work till the game is uninstalled.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I download a game to xbox 360

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there BrinyAmpersand7! This thread is a bit old so go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and we'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible! ^_^

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 18,261 Applies to: