XBOX freezing

Right so my 360 is about 4 years old now over the years its had a couple of problems but both were fixed by Microsoft as it was still under warrant.

My latest problem is constant freezing. Works fine if I'm just on the browser but as soon as I play a game through the disc drive it freezes. I've tried clearing the cache, formatting the hard drive, playing with the hard drive disconnected, disconnecting from XBOX Live and it still freezes. It's in a well vented area and it's not an overheating problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Are the game discs you are using scratched or dirty? If the discs are damaged or have excessive dust, fingerprints, etc. on them, they might not work properly.

This link tells you how to properly clean your discs, if you need to. It also has other solutions for the freezing problem, although you seem to have tried most of them. It may come down to your XBox needing to be repaired again.

support.xbox.com/.../screen-freeze-article

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can try to clean your disc with a soft cloth, but I guess you already have tried that, so where moving on the next solution.

You can try to remove your HDD (Hard Drive) and see if that works. Please do following:

This link will bring you to the steps for a Xbox S-Console.

This link will bring you to the Xbox 360 Console (orginal).

Even if that didn't worked, there is, I quess, a hardware failure inside your Xbox somwhere.

Sorry to say this, but I suggest you send your Xbox again away for reperation.

Here's the information provided.

Here you can see how long it takes to get your console back.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there SugarRayBaz,

Both above posts by Gunp0wd3rnL34d and FS x Thunder NL are accurate and valid solutions to try. If you are still seeing issues after all of those steps, then you can try clearing the console update with the steps listed here. If that is not able to help, then you might need to opt for an official paid repair through this link. Let us know what happens. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.