Xbox freezing when starting a game on fifa 12

I got fifa 12 the dau it came out and i could play it with no problems, recently whenever i start a game my xbox completely freezes and i have to reboot it. There is nothing wrong with the disk ive installed it and it works on my brothers xbox. I can play any other game fine and i was wondering whether it is a support issue or my xbox needs cleaning or something. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

hi :) ive had the exact same problem i just got off the phone to xbox and they recommended me getting a new copy of the disk, explain to the people who you bought your disc from the problem with it and they should give you a refund or a new copy :) then that disk should work

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

have you tried a new disk? because im certain that the disk is not the problem otherwise it wouldnt work on another xbox, ill borrow it from a friend and see what happens though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

Have you tried clearing your System Cache?

To do this start your console with no disk inserted and follow the steps below

Select the "System" tab
Select "Memory"
Press "Y" on your control pad on the HDD symbol
You should see an option to Clear System Cache

NOTE: If you are not using the latest Dashboard, at this point you see two options "Format" and "Rename". Do NOT select these, instead please press the following button combination: X X LB RB X X
For the message that should appear asking to perform maintenance please select "Yes"

Make sure that your console is not in a poorly ventilated environment or near a heat source. Heat sources such as TVs, computers, monitors, and other electrical devices.

If your Xbox 360 console is in a poorly ventilated location, move it to a location that has sufficient ventilation, such as on top of a table . If the issue is resolved, the previous location likely did not provide sufficient ventilation for the Xbox 360 console to correctly function.

If clearing your System Cache didn't work. And your Xbox 360 console is in a good ventilated area. Try removing your Hard-Drive from your Xbox and play without your Hard-Drive and then test to see whether the problem still occurs.

Kind Regards
MarkieeAi

Sorry this didn't help.