Xbox Fitness Dashboarding

I am not sure if this has come up before or not but about 1/3 of the time I use the xbox fitness app it kicks me to the dashboard in the middle of a workout. Please let me know if there is a fix or what I can do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Not as often (though more often since I have gone wireless, because smartglass wouldn't find my ONE on Ethernet) and almost always just when the workout finished - very frustrating because my "rewards" are lost.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yep this has been happening to me for a while now, I just tried it and couldn't get passed the first minute without it crashing, I just gave up.

The issue was brought up a while ago but nothing has been done. It's destroying the whole point of the app which used to work brilliantly!

Sorry this didn't help.

hi there this sometimes happens there is a couple things u can try. 1 hold the power button down for 15 seconds or so this is like a soft reset just clears all the Un wanted files am so forth u will lose no data what so other just clears the hard drive up. method 2 is try to uninstall fitness and re download it it may just be a corrupt file of some kind you won't lose any data as it all saves to cloud.  hope this helps cheers NWGC DeadlySwan

Sorry this didn't help.

Level   1

Posted 17 Mar 2014 2:55 PM

hi there this sometimes happens there is a couple things u can try. 1 hold the power button down for 15 seconds or so this is like a soft reset just clears all the Un wanted files am so forth u will lose no data what so other just clears the hard drive up. method 2 is try to uninstall fitness and re download it it may just be a corrupt file of some kind you won't lose any data as it all saves to cloud.  hope this helps cheers NWGC DeadlySwan

Sorry this didn't help.

I contacted support about this two weeks ago.  They said they were aware of these threads but did not answer my question about if/when a patch was coming.

Their first suggestion was to reset by holding the power button, which I have done umpteen times anyway.  Their second suggestion was to uninstall and redownload, which I had already done a couple of times before contacting them.  This did fix the problem for a few days before, but it always comes back.  They said I should not still be having issues after reinstalling.  So their last suggestion was to shut down holding the power button and unplug the power cord, let it sit for 5 minutes, and try again.  This worked for about a week and then my workout crashed with about 1 minute left whereas usually it crashes after finishing when bringing up the challenges/badges.

Very frustrating because it seems to be a real problem affecting lots of users, but the fix is always the same - reboot.  That is not a fix, it is a work-around.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wouldn't even call it a work-around. I am having the same problem. Sure, after I do what is suggested it is usually fine for a couple of days. But this issues tend to happen a couple of days apart from each-other in the first place. Doing nothing at all would have been just as effective.

Xbox Fitness developers should acknowledge there is a problem and come up with a fix ASAP. It is frustrating, when it works Xbox Fitness is great. But when it errors is kills your entire day's workout and mood.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just started having this issue today. Hard reset, uninstall reinstall, nothing changed it. About 2 minutes into the workout it dashboarded.

They should just save the workouts you use to your console so its not always streaming, maybe that would help in the situations till they get a fix.

Sorry this didn't help.