Xbox fell and now wont play certain game. All others work.

Ok xbox 360 slim took a fall while playing BF4. This disc is fine I have tried disk in 2 other 360s. The xbox is fine because it plays all other games. Here is where it gets weird. I even tried my Friends BF4 disc and it will not play in my 360. His disk and mine both work fine in  the 2 other 360s. I tried to install game to hard drive using my disc and it feezes at %27 and says disk read error. So I tried to install his disk in my 360, same exact thing freezes on %27, seems like something isn't jiving between my 360 and BF4 now. Really odd! Any advice? So its NOT the disc because NO BF4 disc will read in xbox now and its NOT the drive because all other games will play and read fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

It does indeed sound like your drive is having some trouble. It must be a hardware issue since it occurred after the drop. The disc can be ruled out because it plays on other systems. Your system can play most games fine but is having trouble with a few (we know BF, maybe others). Something with the drive must have been slightly knocked off kilter.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your XBOX playing BF4. Have you cleaned the system cache after it failed to install to the hard drive or play on the XBOX? This is the link on how to do that. support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Also I will post a link to the CD Drive troubleshoot page. Maybe this might help. support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

I hope these helps, if not please let us know.

Good Luck!

Scooby Doo

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.