Xbox doesnt want to read [Prototype]. Also disk tray jams sometimes.

So before i get on with my actual problem about [Prototype] i will say this happened last year in July with Red Dead Redemption and i had to buy a brand new one for £15 and there was absolutely no scratch on that and on [Prototype].

So to my problem. I bought [Prototype] earlier today and have been enjoying it I've been giving my Xbox a lot of breathing time as ive been using my PC. I stopped at about 6 and went on at 11pm to find my Xbox would not read [Prototype] at all. It would say reading and then open tray so i take it out and put it back in. Same thing then i turn it off and back on. Open tray still. I clear my cache. it reads but then says it the disk unreadable error comes up. There are no scratches on the disk at all. then i try all the solutions on the support site and it still hasnt read the game. If it needs repairing i bought my Xbox in december 2010 and the warranty ran out in september 2010 so id have to pay which isnt what i was expecting to do.

Also the disk tray seems to get stuck no matter if its horizontal or vertical. i press the button to eject and it jams. I've had it for a year and ive already given up hope using it because of all the issues ive faced with it freezing, disk tray jamming and not reading games that i want to play :(

So what is there to do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey R3D x ToxicZz, I'm afraid from what you've explained and the steps you've already tried it sounds like your disc drive is in need of repair. You can schedule a repair online. What I would suggest doing is running through the disk drive troubleshooter one more time though to be 100%!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.