Xbox destroying my friends disc?

I am borrowing my friends game of Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition.  Everytime I try to install the game to my harddrive, my screen will be stuck at the "initializing" the disc with not even a percent bar loading.  Now the disc has MANY surface scratches from the disc trying to be installed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello Meteorologist - if you disconnect from LIVE, will it allow you to install it at that point? If so, hard drive installation may not be supported by the publisher, and this would mean that when connected to LIVE, it will always read the game from the disc. Let us know the results! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sure I cannot return a 3 year old game.  They are surface scratches from the console itself.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Its not your xbox, its the game itself. Sometimes when a game is expose to heat it will cause the ink in the disc to move around. It tends to look like a spill. You can find these sometimes with brand new games.  That damage disc will not install. If you can, have your friend return it and get a new copy.  Here is a link so you can see what it looks like. it might be hard to see, but its there.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151089403394196&set=a.10151089402439196.529706.601184195&type=3

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the thing is before I borrowed the game, it was still shrink wrapped.  Game Loads just fine but won't let me install the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

the may have been surface scratches at first causing it to stop you may have not even know playing the game but when u install it it copy all the data best thing to do it to try and copy another copy of the game some shop schim down game for £ pound this may reduce surface scratches

Sorry this didn't help.