Xbox Controls of Wolf3D and DooM 1-2 ???

Hello guys!

I'm a PC gamer and bought an Xbox 360 Controller not so long time ago. I want to taste the new controlling mode, and already set all my games  to play them like on an 360.

But i can't find the controls of the mentioned games in the title anywhere (Wolfenstein 3D; DooM; DooM 2). I know someone surely have these games on XBLA and might help for me (note: i want to know the default controls not the personal custom ones)

I played enough with Keyboard and Mouse and want something different in my gaming time.

Any help will be thanked!

Regards: Mate

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Haven't played them but you can download a trial for all XBLA games.

I don't have an Xbox 360...

you use the thumbsticks to move. one of them strafed.  holding one of the triggers was like using shift. x was the spacebar. and right trigger was control! it was  great replayin these classics. and doom 2 on xbla adds a new campaign by the  game developers!

I personally think they nicely streamlined the DOOM & Wolf 3-D controls. Of course, it being a controller & not a mouse, you cannot turn as fast as you can with a mouse, & seemingly have less control without a mouse, but it's really not that bad & I find it a breeze to get around.

Here's the game controller set-up:

Right Trigger = Shoot
Left Trigger = Sprint (Hold button)
Left Stick = Move
Right Stick = Look
Y = cycle weapons one way
B = cycle weapons the other way
A = open door/press switch/perform action
X = Map (only in DOOM 2; press on D-pad for map in DOOM)
D-Pad = cycles certain weapons (only in DOOM 2)

The Wolf 3-D controls are not much different.

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for the postman to bring my RTCW SE (GOTY) Copy with the full Wolf3D inside :)

Bought Doom 1 in France, then moved to Germany with a new xbox and now i can't re-download the game...thanks Germany...

[quote user="Genetic20"]

Bought Doom 1 in France, then moved to Germany with a new xbox and now i can't re-download the game...thanks Germany...

[/quote]

What about looking through your download history under Settings? Even if it's a new xbox, shouldn't it have the old one's download history & ability to transfer licenses?

[quote user="Genetic20"]

Bought Doom 1 in France, then moved to Germany with a new xbox and now i can't re-download the game...thanks Germany...[/quote]

Aren't the Doom games banned in Germany?  Either way Germany has strict laws regarding video game violence.

Dang!

I cannot configure my controller to the mapping above... No wonder this game designed for 4 button joysticks :/

I must get accustomed to the one working stick (left) and that the fire is not the RT.

But the life doesn't stops here... :)