Xbox controller needs to act more like a Logitech Harmony Remote

I think the Xbox Oneguide is a good first attempt at providing a unified TV menu experience but in order to make this software useful Microsoft you should consider adding more functionality to what the controller does while you're watching tv.  For instance, the fact that I can't access my list of saved shows on my cable DVR is a real pain.  Now I understand that it isn't possible to pull in my dvr list into the one guide so why not add more functionality to the xbox controller so that I can access the screens on my Directv?  If I could use the xbox controller to navigate directv's screens it would be a godsend - get rid of the fact that I have to use two remotes because it's a pain and will probably cause me to abandon one guide..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

YES!  I would love it if the Microsoft and Logitech folks were to make a deal and put an app on the xbox one to do what we can do with the harmony software from the xbox one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the feedback folks! This request has been sent. The Xbox One will be a constantly evolving eco-system, the same console you see today will not be the same console you see in 6 months or a year down the line. Hang in there for updates, I think you will enjoy the things coming down the line. Enjoy and Game On!

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.