Xbox App - Cannot connect to console

Hi all,

First of all, I have looked through the sticky threads on here and still to no avail. So please don't think i've not done my research before posting this.

I am trying to stream to my windows 10 laptop. It worked perfectly from day 1 but no more. It says it cannot connect to the xbox and when I click 'Add new device' it doesn't even find my Xbox.

I have rebooted the router and xbox (and laptop) numerous times (including hard reboot of both). I have also set a static IP to my Xbox and even tried forwarding the ports to it but still nothing. If i search the IP address it still finds nothing! Which is really wierd. I am running the laptop on the 2Ghz wireless connection and the Xbox is hard wired to the same router (exactly the same as when it worked to begin with).

My xbox is showing Open NAT and up around 160Mb download and 12Mb Upload and all devices are set up within a couple meters of each other (same room), so I'm certain there isn't an issue with connection.

I have also checked for windows updates and also selected the Xbox app in the store and can't see anything to indicate I need an update of the app.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

I also checked my settings and Streaming and Smartglass are both enabled.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, it worked and now it doesn't.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm just trying to stream my XBOne to my Windows 10 laptop for the first time and I'm having the same issue. Mabye it's because of the social and gaming issue Microsoft is having at the moment?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wondered if that was the case DaGingr. But I am noticing that my NAT settings keep going to "Moderate" even though I have all my ports opened and it is hard wired directly into the only router in the system.

Really annoying. But at the moment I'm not sure if its my ISP or the console that's causing the problem. It's a bit strange how many threads on here saying it "Used to work and now it doesn't". Surely its an Xbox problem?

Any advice Microsoft?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.  Today connecting through the windows 10 app and smartglass app on my phone is unable to connect to the xbox automatically or by specifying the IP Address

Sorry this didn't help.

Out of curiosity can any one of you open the Command Prompt and ping your Xbox One IP and get a response? Just trying to figure out why some of you can't get the app to see the Xbox One when it's on the same network.

Sorry this didn't help.

On another note, have any of you tried running the Windows Update troubleshooter? If not give it a shot, see if any problems are fixed, and if so reboot your computer, power cycle your Xbox One console (hold the power button for 10 seconds or until it turns off), boot the console back up, and see if you can do the Add a Device and connect.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was in this exact same boat... It worked flawlessly for a couple of weeks (love the streaming feature, btw). The with no changes to the network configuration it stopped working. Rebooting systems, modems, routers didn't seem to have any impact.

The step that it started working after (I tried a few things in sequence, so I'm not completely sure this is what did it) was to run the Windows Update troubleshooter as eG x Thee Elf suggested. It found one error described as "Service registration is missing or corrupt". I had it repair it and restarted the machine. While the machine was restarting I did go ahead and do the xbox power button for 10 seconds again, so I guess it is possible it just needed like a 5th reboot? But most likely it was the update troubleshooter that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps somebody :)

Sorry this didn't help.

wizkid,

Glad to hear we got at least one resolved. Hope it helps some others as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay I know this is going to have no help on your currant situation but I have been looking for some help and instead of starting a new thread I decided to chime in on this post seeing as you guys have a fair ammount of achievements and are probably alot smarter than myself.

This is my problem. I am an older gamer and am also a real *** when it comes to ipads, smartglass, etc and my 11 year old daughter knows alot more than myself. But I have been gaming for a very long time and I am interested in getting to know a little more to catch up with todays tech.

But I cant seem to figure out how to play the games on my PC and get the achievements for them on my xbox one? I noticed alot of my friends are recieveing achievements for games like solitare, etc and the played them on the PC.

How exactly do I do this? Is is complicated? If so, please disregard. I dont want my wife and I to get to the point where we cant use the PC. lol

I someone has some time to help me it would be greatly appreciated. If you dont have the time I fully understand.

P.S.--I have also noticed while reading some threads that alot of people are losing there gamer tag and accounts trying to do this. If this is possible I dont want to lose my account and all my achievements so If there is anything really important to know please alos help me. Feel free to add my gamertag on xbox one. THX in advance

Sorry this didn't help.