Xbox and Xbox Live Compared to other Consoles These Days?

so i have not been around my xbox in awhile and i am wondering how xbox and xbox live have been over the last couple years compared to other consoles and their online gaming community and sales? i know a couple years ago xbox was the top dog. whats it like these days? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Looking at your games played expect alot of cursing and racist remarks. But compared to PSN, XBL is the place to be.

The top dashound. j/k IMO is still in the top with the online gaming but is lacking others things that would make it the only console to look for.

PSN is much better. Although, for some. Faster download, smaller updates, and a more 'secure' service is well worth the extra 60$.

-

Personally, I prefer Wii to all others, but Playstation is pretty cool as well. I like my Xbox JUST for Halo. :3

I only got a 360 because my friend had one and it was cheaper than a PS3.  I don't think Gears and Halo are enough to carry it.  I guess Live is better.  I just use online to play game though and PSN just seems the same to me.

I might not bother with the next Xbox.

so what is the more popular system these days? what do u think will sell better when the new consoles come out?

[quote user="Cdawgx7"]

so what is the more popular system these days? what do u think will sell better when the new consoles come out?

[/quote]

Whichever one is the better machine with the better features & the right games at the right price. I may forego the next generation & concentrate more on PC gaming. With all the useless features being crammed into today's consoles, they're more like low-end, wannabe PCs anyway. I might as well just stick with the real thing.

I think Wii is more popular today.  I think it would do MS well to get their next one out before the next Playstation.

If Nintendo stays with being it's own beast & catering to a different type of audience than Sony & Microsoft... I think the machine that releases first will have a big advantage. Eventually, the next Playstation & Xbox will probably end up selling about even overall though. Who knows, with Microsoft pushing Kinect, they may be in competition with Nintendo rather than Sony next generation. Sorry, but Nintendo would eat an MS console up & not spit it out. They'd swallow it & keep on chugging. Personally, I'd like nothing more than a new Sega machine.

is xbox live and xbox still as big as it was 2-3 years ago? how about the online gaming as well?

I agree with Pooh. I'd LOVE for Sega to get back in the market, isn't going to happen though, as far as anyone knows. :(

-

I'd sell all my systems for a Dreamcast 2 (I doubt it'd be called that, though)