Xbox Accessories App Not Updating Elite Controller

Not sure if anyone has run into this problem yet. I'm on the latest preview for the Xbox One and I received my elite controller yesterday! It's absolutely fantastic, but I'm running into one issue when prompting the new Xbox Accessories app to customize the buttons. After I name my controller it's telling me an update is needed. There's a picture of the Controller and under there's a box saying update needed. Problem is I can't select this. I have my controller plugged in with the cable so it's obviously reading it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and even done a hard reboot and it still won't let me update. Is this a glitch, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Mine is doing something similar, it moves past that screen to another that says you must update the app and when I try to it says there was an error and he update did not work

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue. I managed to get the app to respond one time while the controller was connected. That lasted for just the one instance.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it works fine now. The previous time I attempted this caused no change. Not sure if I was just lucky this time or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.